Sunday, June 19, 2016

StoryBird

When I started this book, I didn't have any idea of what I wanted my story to be. I just decided to look through the artwork and see what I liked. I found a cute little mad scientist illustration that I loved and then built my story around that. It was really fun! It was really basic, and personally I would've enjoyed options on fonts and text alignment and such, but for an elementary classroom, it's great! It's simple and would be really easy for students use to create their own stories. I would have so much fun reading student's stories! And I love that you can buy a printed copy of the books you write, or even a digital download. I read a publicly shared story for Father's Day written from a son to his dad, and realized these stories would be a cool gift. I really like StoryBird and will probably play with it quite a bit on my own.
Here's the story I wrote for this assignment, James the Not-so-Normal. Thanks to the artist for the cool illustrations I used in this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment