Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Prezi

I had used Prezi before, but wasn't terribly familiar with it. This is another great presentation tool. I love the wide variety of templates they have, some are quite unique to a specific idea, they seem like a lot of fun, and I just love the look of so many of the templates. I also like the zooming transitions between nodes. It's a basic idea, but I think it looks neat.
For this presentation, I again used the same topic and information from my Google Slides assignment, to allow me to focus on Prezi's tools. I like that you can edit pictures in Prezi; you can add a frame, filters, change brightness and such. One thing I couldn't find was the option to create a text link, instead of having the huge ugly URL pasted onto the presentation. So, I was a little bothered by that. Overall, I think Prezi is great, easy to use, and would be a good option for elementary students to use. 
After having used PowerPoint, Google Slides, eMaze, and Prezi, I honestly can't pick one. When having students do a presentation project for class, I would likely let them choose which one they want to use. Or perhaps teach them each option separately for little assignments throughout the year, and then on a bigger project let them pick their favorite. They all have their perks!
Here is my Prezi:

No comments:

Post a Comment